The Becoming: Safe House by Jessica Meigs Horror — Speculative Fiction Jessica Meigs, March 2011 Kindle edition From Amazon: In January 2009, the Michaluk Virus swept across the southeastern United States, infecting nearly everyone in its path and turning them into homicidal cannibals. One month later, as Cade, Brandt, and Ethan hole up in a […]
Tag Archives: zombies
March 27, 2011
February 3, 2011
The Becoming: Outbreak by Jessica Meigs Horror — Speculative Fiction Jessica Meigs, 2010 Kindle edition I first “met” Jessica (@JessicaMeigs) on Twitter when she was suggested to me by a mutual friend as someone I should follow, who enjoys reading as much as I do. I quickly learned that she was writing a series of […]
Book Love: A Family Affair
--My dad, 4/29/12
- Review: A Virtual Love by Andrew Blackman June 14, 2013
- Review: The Roving Tree by Elsie Augustave June 13, 2013
- Thoughts: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey June 12, 2013
- May 2013 Reading Wrap-Up and June Plans June 6, 2013
- Review: Sight Reading by Daphne Kalotay June 4, 2013
- Armchair BEA 2012: An Introduction June 4, 2012
- Altogether, 2012 in the Shire was a marvelous year. August 29, 2012
- Dearest Joey: Putting it in the freezer didn’t make me feel safer. February 8, 2013
- Armchair BEA: My “Best of 2012″ Featuring Books From Barbara Kingsolver and Zadie Smith June 5, 2012
- April 2013 Reading Wrap-Up and May Plans May 5, 2013
- Heather: That's understandable--I know lots of people who d...
- Rory: I would totally swear like a trucker in a nice res...
- Heather: Well, yes, I think we all present different parts ...
- Rory: I am one of those people who presents different pe...
- Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader: Well this sounds kind of groovy. The moral of the ...
- 59% done with Orleans, by Sherri L. Smith bit.ly/ZZaCQv 1 hour ago
- @roryeoconnor You're welcome! 14 hours ago
- "Moby Dick Read-A-Long Chapters 46-60: Digressions" • via @LauraTFrey #MobyDick2013 reading-in-bed.com/2013/06/16/mob… 14 hours ago
Book Club Reads — June 2013
Project Read All Of Atwood
Here's the schedule:
The Edible Woman (1969)
Lady Oracle (1976)
Dancing Girls (1977)
Life Before Man (1979)
Bodily Harm (1981)
Murder in the Dark (1983)
Bluebeard’s Egg (1983)
The Handmaid’s Tale (1985)
Cat’s Eye (1988)
Wilderness Tips (1991)
Good Bones (1992)
The Robber Bride (1993)
JUN -- Alias Grace (1996)
JUL -- The Labrador Fiasco (1996)
AUG -- The Blind Assassin (2000)
SEP -- Oryx and Crake (2003)
OCT -- The Penelopiad (2005)
NOV -- The Tent (2006)
DEC -- Moral Disorder (2006)
JAN -- The Year of the Flood (2009)
I am an Amazon.com, Book Depository, and IndieBound Affiliate, as well as a Powell's Books Partner. If you click on a link for a book shown on my blog (or the Amazon / IndieBound / Powell's links above), and make a purchase through those links, I receive a small percentage of that sale. This money will be used to pay for upkeep of the blog and to purchase more books.