I don’t have a whole lot to say about January. It’s the hardest month of winter for me–it’s dark, it’s cold, it’s long–and all I really want to do is read and sleep (which is pretty much what I do the entire month). I still vote for hibernation. Who do I need to speak to about that?
I got lots of reading done between naps, though…
Books finished: 24
- Flowers in the Attic, V.C. Andrews
- Love Water Memory, Jennie Shortridge
- Misery, Stephen King
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 2: Miles Behind Us, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 4: The Heart’s Desire, Robert Kirkman
- Artful, Ali Smith
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 5: The Best Defense, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 7: The Calm Before, Robert Kirkman
- The Walking Dead, Vol. 8: Made to Suffer, Robert Kirkman
- The Tides of Memory, Sidney Sheldon & Tilly Bagshawe
- Haroun and the Sea of Stories, Salman Rushdie
- The Testing, Joelle Charbonneau
- The Tommyknockers, Stephen King
- Possession, A.S. Byatt
- Independent Study, Joelle Charbonneau
- Nada, Carmen Laforet
- The Wife, the Maid, and the Mistress, Ariel Lawhon
- The Free, Willy Vlautin
- Pawn of Prophecy, David Eddings
- The Gendarme, Mark T. Mustian
- Song of Susannah, Stephen King
My favorites in January were The Testing, Independent Study, Nada, and The Walking Dead comics (not including Song of Susannah because it was a reread). I can’t wait until June for the last book in The Testing trilogy–those books are so good.
Pages read: 6,708 (1,096 of which were comic book pages)
YTD: 6,708 (1,096 comic book pages)
Pages read in January, by day
Comic book pages read in January, by day
- The Dark Tower, Stephen King
- Zone One, Colson Whitehead
Plans for February:
For my buddy sj, February is Zombruary, which means reading a bunch of zombie books this month. I’m not into them quite as much as she is, but we are doing a bit of zombie reading together. Right now we’re reading Zone One by Colson Whitehead (which is fan-freaking-tastic so far), then we’ll be reading Pontypool Changes Everything by Tony Burgess. I’m sure we’ll be reading more of The Walking Dead comics together, too, at some point.
I’ll be reading The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo for one of my library book clubs, and I’ll be reading Ripper by Isabel Allende to review for TLC Book Tours. I also have a few other review copies of books to read that I hope to get to this month. sj and I will probably be reading at least one Stephen King book for our READ ALL THE SK project (The Dark Half), if we have time for it. Other than that, I refuse to lay out a plan. I’ll just read whatever sounds good at the time.
Favorite book(s) in January? Looking forward to a particular book in February? Let me know in the comments!