I still have my 2013 Year End post to write, so I’m going to make this one quick. December was fine…except we got a bazillion inches of snow and I had to shovel four times in two days at one point. Thankfully the snow has now melted and I can see the ground again. I did get my Green Christmas.
Speaking of which, Christmas was nice. My parents came to visit a couple of days later and we had a nice time. On the bookish front, my mom got me THIS:
…and it is FANTASTIC. It’s called The Book Seat, and I love it. I read about them on someone’s blog, but I can’t remember whose. Thank you to whoever blogged about them and brought them to my attention!
Okay. December stats:
Books finished: 11
Hours listened: 25 hrs, 6 mins
- It, Stephen King
- Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein (audiobook)
- Murder of a Stacked Librarian, Denise Swanson
- The Eyes of the Dragon, Stephen King
- Winter Solstice, Rosamunde Pilcher
- World War Z, Max Brooks
- The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula K. Le Guin
- Once We Were Brothers, Ronald H. Balson
- We Are Water, Wally Lamb (audiobook)
- The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
- This House is Haunted, John Boyne
My favorites in December were Code Name Verity, The Eyes of the Dragon, and The Goldfinch. Rereading It was a good experience–it was still disturbing, but the friendship angle really struck me this time and I really enjoyed that part of it. The ending made me very sad, and the whole thing made me wish I’d had friendships like that when I was younger. As far as We Are Water is concerned, I love Wally Lamb’s books but this one was a bit of a disappointment. It was good, but it wasn’t great–I don’t feel like it was up to Lamb’s usual standards.
Pages read: 3,788
YTD: 68,938 (so close to an even 69,000!)
Pages read in December, by day
- Flowers in the Attic, V.C. Andrews (#SlutsInTheAttic)
- Misery, Stephen King (Read All the SK)
And that’s all she wrote. Hope you all had a great December!