Hello, October. Fancy meeting you here. [grumble, grumble, grumble]
Things that happened in September:
- The kids went back to school. Yay for breakfast dates! Yay for free time! Boo to the public germ factory!
- I got new glasses. They were my birthday gift from my parents. I love them.
- Library book sale! (Haul photos here and here.)
- I’m watching some TV. [GASP] Voluntarily. [GASP] That doesn’t involve watching just to be snarky. [GASP] I’m kind of liking Sleepy Hollow.
What I’m looking forward to in October:
- I’m pretty sure I’m moving the blog to WordPress.org this month. If you’re following with an RSS reader, you shouldn’t have to change anything–I’m not changing the blog’s address. If you’re following through WordPress or email, you shouldn’t have to do anything–Wordpress can transfer you all to the new place. I will post more about this when I take the plunge later in the month.
- Marching band season is almost over! Yay! Heh. (I love my daughter dearly. She deserves everything I do for her. That doesn’t mean I enjoy doing it.)
- Maybe, finally, getting to the books I’ve been meaning to read for MONTHS.
Books finished: 13
- The Power and the Glory, Graham Greene — 9/2/13
- Haven, Kay Hooper — 9/8/13
- The Explanation for Everything, Lauren Grodstein — 9/8/13
- The Talisman, Stephen King & Peter Straub — 9/9/13
- The Street Sweeper, Elliot Perlman — 9/12/13
- Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace — 9/15/13 (re-read)
- Mother, Mother, Koren Zailckas — 9/16/13
- Akata Witch, Nnedi Okorafor — 9/22/13
- The Returned, Jason Mott — 9/23/13
- The Black Count, Tom Reiss — 9/23/13
- Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell — 9/30/13
- Seven for a Secret, Lyndsay Faye — 9/30/13
- HHhH, Laurent Binet — 9/30/13
My favorites in September: The Talisman, The Black Count, and HHhH
Pages read: 5,851
Pages read in September, by day
- The Historian, Elizabeth Kostova (Estella Society readalong)
- Doctor Sleep, Stephen King (Read All the SK / #sleepalong hosted by Charleen and Tif)
- The Girl You Left Behind, Jojo Moyes
- Clay’s Ark, Octavia Butler (Blerd Book Club)
- Diane Duane’s Young Wizard series, books 3-6. For real.
- Arc & Hue, Tara Betts (Twitter Book Club)
- Joyride, Stephen King (Read All the SK / #TuesBookTalk)
- Patternmaster, Octavia Butler (Blerd Book Club)
- Fireproof, Alex Kava (Library book club)
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Jamie Ford (Library book club)
- Someone Else’s Love Story, Joshilyn Jackson
- Thinner, Richard Bachman (Read All the SK)
- Song of Susannah, Stephen King (I WILL GET TO THIS IN OCTOBER.)
- Alias Grace, Margaret Atwood (THIS ONE, TOO.)
I’m sure there are other books I’m forgetting to add here. I’m just going to read all the things.
Favorite book in September? Looking forward to anything in particular in October? Any excitement going on in your lives so I can live vicariously through you?