A Non-Fiction Adventure, Hosted by The True Book Addict

A Non-Fiction Adventure

Click to sign up!

Expanding on the idea of Jillian’s Classics Club, Michelle of the True Book Addict has decided to start a non-fiction reading club, aptly named A Non-Fiction Adventure. Similar to the Classics Club, the idea is to choose a number of non-fiction books and a date in the future by which to have the books read. I already have a ton of non-fiction on my TBR pile–and on my wish list–so it was pretty easy for me to come up with my list. I am going to commit to reading 130 non-fiction books over the next five years. You’ll find my initial list below, but I’m reserving the right to alter it just in case I find myself bored with a certain subject or interested in something new. I have also started a Non-Fiction Adventure bookshelf on Goodreads, for those who would like to follow my progress there. If you’re interested in taking on this challenge, Michelle has started a Non-Fiction Adventure blog where you can sign up and get more details.

You can see my list by clicking here, or by clicking on the Non-Fiction Adventure tab in my blog’s menu bar above.

• Geoff W March 21, 2012, 4:16 pm

You are a brave, brave woman! I think I’ll stick with The Classics Club for now – but I look forward to seeing your nonfiction books. Surprisingly, I actually have two or three on my shelves right now waiting to be read.

• Heather March 21, 2012, 4:17 pm

I’m not sure if the correct word is “brave” or “unrealistic.” Hahaha! I’m going to give it my best shot, though.

• Geoff W March 21, 2012, 4:23 pm

Haahaa – I’ll stick with brave! I think the five years makes it seem like a lot fewer books, but I’ve already started stressing about the Classics! I will definitely start reading those soon (if only for this year’s Back to the Classics Challenge).

• thetruebookaddict March 21, 2012, 5:40 pm

We’re all brave…or just ambitious…when it comes to reading. I think we love it so much, we’re like kids in a candy store. I’m doing the Classics Club and another 100/5 year project called Fill in the Gaps AND I’m going to do 50 for my Non-Fiction Adventure. Hey, you have to be brave to go on an adventure. ;)

If you change your mind, you know where to look. :)

• Geoff W March 22, 2012, 10:43 am

Definitely! I will keep it in the back of my mind and if I REALLY like these few I have on my shelf I will definitely add it on!

• thetruebookaddict March 21, 2012, 5:50 pm

I’m so glad you’re joining me! I knew you couldn’t resist. ;) I left a comment on your list post. I’m truly amazed by your list. I haven’t even made mine yet, but I’m going to work on it tonight. Thanks for helping to get the word out too.

• Heather March 21, 2012, 5:56 pm

Of course I couldn’t resist. I’m a sucker for books. :D (And no thanks necessary.)

• Vasilly March 24, 2012, 7:02 pm

Heather, what a goal! Now I’m curious to what to know how many books do you usually read a year?

• Heather March 24, 2012, 8:21 pm

Let’s see… two years ago, I read around 90. Last year I slowed down, started the blog, and read around 60. I set my goal at 60 this year, and I’ve already read 35.